Thursday, September 13, 2007

19 Weeks Pregnant

Dear Baby Bean,

I had a doctor's appointment today. I had gained 5 pounds for a total of 11 so far. The doctor said that was perfect. I am not gaining as much weight this time and I'm sure chasing a toddler around has something to do with it. Donovan loves to go on walks and such and loves to "race" us too, so it gets me up and moving which is a great thing! Your heartbeat was 137 today, which is within normal range. I am wondering whether the old wive's tale is true that a slower heartbeat means you are a boy. Lately I have been having more and more feelings that you are a boy. We find out next Wednesday at 1:45 for sure! :-) I can't wait!! Aside from that, it was a somewhat uneventful appointment, which are good when you are pregnant. I was able to see the top of your head during an ultrasound to check my cervical length (which was in great shape). I gave blood for an AFP blood test to ensure you don't have Spina Ebifida. I'm not worried. We get those results in a week. By then I'm sure I'll forget I even gave blood. :-)

Here are a couple of pics of your growing momma! Still can't wait to meet you and I've been daydreaming about holding you in my arms.

Love,
Mommy




Compare to when I was pregnant with your brother:


No comments: