Monday, September 29, 2008

Got through our first double or triple illness

Last week, the inevitable happened. Both boys got sick at the same time. One night, in particular, was difficult and had both D and me up quite a bit. And, of course, by the end of the week, I, too, got sick! Thankfully, this was a very mild cold for all of us. Only some runny noses and congestion and back to great health. I'd say Nicholas got better, fastest. I attribute that to the breastfeeding and all the immunities in there. I thought about sneaking some into Donovan's milk, but refrained. LOL Surprisingly, D didn't get sick. Usually he is the first because of his exposure at work.

I'll be glad when these elections are over. I get tired of the commercials, the attacks back and forth, etc. I've actually become much more interested in the election the last week or so. My Dad called and said he may be coming for a visit, but mostly to help with the election. Debates on online message boards has heated up and I have been finding lots of different blogs and websites I've never seen. Interesting to say the least.

I am saddened by the Stock Market and financial crisis we are in. I think it's difficult for a lot of people to understand the gist of what's going on and why banks would possibly need $700 billion. In my mind, although I don't trust any one politician much, I do need to trust the government, on the whole, to do what's best for the country. I am not an economist nor do I have access to all the information that they do, so I just have to trust that if they need that much to keep us afloat, there are much bigger problems than we even know! That's all I have to say about that.

And, if it weren't for an online board I frequent, I wouldn't even know about the North Carolina gas problem. I can't believe they are running out of gas! I don't get it. Truthfully, I haven't researched it very much, but I'm shocked that Texas still has gas but North Carolina doesn't when the problem was the TX refineries in the first place. Something is a little screwy. Anyway, people are having to get in line for 30+ minutes and then the gas station runs out of gas! Ugh! How frustrating!! Anyway, you can read more here: http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/29/letter-to-any-politician-who-gives-a-you-know-what/

I'm not sure how I got off-track there, but I guess these things are big news right now. Thankfully, our family is doing well and so far only our retirement accounts have felt the credit crisis.

I'll be updating with Nicholas' 8 month and Donovan's 3 year information in the next couple of weeks. We are having a Diego-themed party for Donovan's birthday. He's been wanting a pinata, so we got 2, one Diego and one car. He still loves cars soooo much! :)

Okay, Monday's TV shows are coming on soon, so I'll close here. We watch Prison Break, Heroes and The Terminator. Yes, we watch a lot of TV. :p I wonder what everyone else watches...

No comments: