Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh dear...disappeared again! Back with news!


I can't seem to get in a groove to update this more often. I think life with a husband, 2 boys, a full-time job and a new baby sleep website has me busier than ever! Yep! I started my own online business several months ago helping other parents with their baby's sleep problems. I guess you can say I'm also putting my MBA to work, but really I just have to thank my boys. If it weren't for Donovan having so many sleep problems and Nicholas needing me to hold him for 3+ hours each night when he was a newborn (he's a good sleeper now, though!), I wouldn't have this new website. :p I think my Type-A personality just needs to fill in every bit of my day, but ever since I could remember I wanted my own business and I've always wanted to help people, add in my love of being a mother and voila!

My new website is Pick Nick's Brain as in "pick my brain" and my name is Nicole or Nick, for short. ;-) I also have 2 sister sites, now. Baby Sleeps Well and Sleep Through Night purely to try to get search engine search results to my website and sell my e-Book. It is actually much trickier than I thought to have Google and Yahoo find your site and if you aren't on Pages 1 or 2, you may as well not be there at all because not many people click past those pages. It's been interesting, to say the least, to learn how to get people to your site when you have information you think can help them. The exciting part is in the last month I've had over 12,000 visitors and over 22,000 pages viewed on my site. Given Google didn't start finding me until sometime in July, that's not bad!! I really hope my site can help families get more rest. It is estimated that something like 12,000 babies are born every day in just the U.S. and a little less than 20% of them will have more difficult sleep problems. That's a lot of families I can help! Anyway, enough about this, let's get to what this blog is really for! My family updates.

Nicholas is now 7 months old, already! Hard to believe I started this blog as a pregnancy journal and now he is getting so big! Literally! At his appointment, he was 20 pounds, 12 ounces. By the time Donovan was this weight, he was walking and over a year old. It's the same milk, so I don't know what's going on. ;-) Because of his weight, he's not rolling yet, but sits up nicely. He's such a happy baby and is such a treasure.



Donovan is going to be 3 next month! I can't believe it. I look at both boys and am in awe how quickly they change. Donovan is no longer a baby, no longer a toddler, but a little boy! I look at pictures and am just amazed how quickly he is growing up. Terrible Two's has had it's really frustrating moments, but I do think things are settling down a bit. He is such a sweetheart a lot of the time. Lately, he just loves to tell me how much he "wuvs" me and it's so sweet. I love it! He is also getting to be so polite with his "No thank you" and "Yes please" responses. He's still soooo much into his cars, but they helped him get fully potty trained in about a month, so he's going strong there!



I'm still working at home, even more now that I'm trying to build my business. It's exciting!! Most importantly, I love helping people, even if I don't get to retire from it.

The boys are loving their nanny and we love her, too. It is such a blessing that I can work at home and see the boys during the day. It is so special to me that I can watch them a little bit more than if I had to commute and work in an office outside the home. I feel very fortunate. The boys love their nanny, so I can go to work in peace and know that they are well taken care of.

Donnell just went back to school last week, but enjoyed his summer getting his aquariums in good shape. He has one saltwater one and one freshwater. No babies in quite awhile, though. I'm looking forward to our date on Saturday. We have a new arrangement with our neighbor friends to take turns with date nights and swap babysitting after the kids are in bed for an easy night for everyone, with little guilt and less worry. It's great that we have that!

Well, I will close for tonight. I'm going to really try to update this more often. I feel like I'm missing out on documenting some special moments with the boys. I better fix that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new business - way to go girl. I'll check out the site today!!! And so great to see your growing family happy and healthy. Would love to get together sometime - we could do a playdate at the park or something. London (our boy) turns 1 next month!