Friday, January 18, 2008

Countdown t-18 days (37 Weeks)

Dear Nicolas,

Almost there. I thought I may have been starting labor the other night, but nothing happened, which is good! You're doing a good job staying in there until after Aunt Kim's baby shower on Sunday. Way to go! LOL After that day, you can come out *any* time you want. :-) Well, your dad might prefer you be a little late, but ummm...no thanks, ok? He wants to be able to finish out the basketball season and I understand that, but I'm very uncomfortable these days and if we go much longer I will have gained WAAAAY too much weight! I gained *another* 3 pounds in ONE WEEK! :-O What is going on? LOL Anyway, maybe it's water weight. ;-) So, in total I've gained 40 pounds already. Bummer. But, I hope to lose it quickly. I *might* be seeing some stretch marks, but I'm not sure. I also feel bruised on my belly. It's sorta weird. And, my skin has been burning a lot at the top of my belly. I put on a lot of lotion, but it doesn't help much. Sleep is rough, but I do believe you have dropped if you look at my week 33 pics, for example, and the past 2 weeks you can see my belly buttom pointing downward. Your daddy said you look lower, too and thank goodness you moved off my bladder. The last few nights I've only had to get up once to go to the bathroom. Yippee!! But, my hips are hurting a lot, so I really don't like staying in bed too much, and don't look forward to going to bed at night, either.

At the doctor's appt yesterday, your HB was 142. I am a little over 1cm dilated and still 75% effaced, so not much change from last week. I expected that. I was 1-2 cm dilated up until I delivered your brother. Speaking of your brother, he is such a sweetheart. He has a few alphabet books and for some letters we expand on what the letter is for like (his comments are in quotes):

D is for Door, Drum...and..."Dada! annnnnd Don! annnnnd Dogs annnnd Ducks"
M is for Milk and moon..."annnnd mama!"
N is for "Nicolas" as he rubs my belly. So sweet!! :-)

Below are my belly pics of the week. Enjoy. :-p

Love,
Mommy


No comments: