Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yooooo hooooo! Where are you???

Dear Nicolas,

Ummmm...are you cozy in there or what?! I wish I could say the same! You are due today ya know? My expectations were way off and it has caused me to be a little...okay a lot...impatient here. I did not expect to go back to work yesterday and it was BRUTAL. I thought about taking off, but what was I going to do but sit around and wait? Today is much better so far, at least. I am being teased left and right with a LOT of Braxton Hicks contractions, but they aren't leading anywhere yet. I guess I should be thankful that my water has not broken, I suppose, and that you are safe and healthy in there. We have a lot of people waiting on you, though, mister! A lot of people are anxious to meet you, especially your mommy! :-)

The latest thing that is really making me impatient is I have developed PUPPs, which is a skin problem in pregnancy. Interestingly, they don't know the cause of it. What's the cure, you ask? Only to deliver you! It itches on my belly a lot and gets red sometimes, with bumps. I am thankful, though, that some women get this at just 20 weeks, so if I only need to deal with it for a couple weeks (the last 2 days being the worst), I guess I'm happy. Always look for the positive things in life, ok? That is your first lesson your mommy will teach you. To be thankful and always find the silver lining. :-)

If you have not come by Thursday, I am quite sure my doctor will start to talk about when we need to get you out of there via c-section, as I can't be induced having a prior c-section. That will be very disappointing, to say the least, if I can't even attempt the VBAC after waiting this long. I could have done the c-section last week. :-) But, whatever gets us a healthy baby and healthy mommy will be what counts. Perhaps if you know you will be evicted by next Monday or Tuesday, let's say, I will get a massage this weekend and you and I can get you out of there sooner, ok? Deal?

Okay, back to work...ugh...you're killing me! :-)

Love,
Mommy

No comments: